Wednesday, May 2, 2007

About the Trip

Here are some fun facts about the trip.

Here's the path, courtesy of the Great Circle Mapper:

  • 44,521 flight miles, not including land segments between Cairns and Melbourne, Australia and Queenstown and Auckland, NZ, or continental Europe. That is the equivalent of going around the Earth 1.8 times at the equator.
  • Five continents and at least nine countries
  • 17 airports
  • Longest flight: Hong Kong to Johannesburg, 13 hours 5 minutes
  • Shortest flight: Johannesburg to Livingstone, 1 hour 35 minutes
  • Five airlines
  • Two continental rail passes
We're getting pretty excited!

2 comments:

Sean said...

Can I come? I'm quiet, I don't smell bad, and I won't eat much?

You two are going to have an awesome time. Be safe and keep in touch.

Sean said...

Nomad = Hairy man in California.

I setup my blogger account ages ago with that alias.